Taxpayers who are non-compliant with reporting their foreign income and/or assets have programs available to come forward and disclose their non-compliance with a reduced penalty structure and limited look-back period. The programs are compared and contrasted along with a discussion as to how best properly construct a disclosure package. Cases studies are used to bring a real-life perspective to these programs and the taxpayers using them.
- Demonstrate proper interview techniques to determine the extent of taxpayer non-compliance.
- Understand the Delinquent FBAR and International Information Return Submission Procedures and when a taxpayer can use them.
- Understand the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures and when a taxpayer can use them.
- Describe the concept of “willfulness” in international tax non-compliance and its implications.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly construct a disclosure package, including the reasonable cause statement or Streamlined narrative.
- Understand the other compliance programs and guidance the IRS has put forward for specialized issues.
Your registration includes 2 IRS CE as well as:
- Downloadable course manual and implementation tools as appropriate.
- The opportunity to listen to the optional presenter and the other members of the Compass Tax Educators instructional team during the optional question-and-answer session held during the original recording.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
IRS Program Number for Self-Study On-Demand Webinar: NMVBP-T-00149-20-S
Delivery Method: Self-study/On-demand
Field of Study: Federal Tax Law (IRS)
Credit hours: 2 IRS
Instructor: Thomas Gorczynski, EA, CTP, USTCP Click here to learn more about the instructor
All continuing education credit is provided through Gregory & Associates, Inc. which is doing business as Compass Tax Educators. Click here for more information regarding our education policies.
$149.00Offsetting U.S. Taxation of Foreign Income
$149.00Form 5471: Reporting Foreign Corporations
$149.00GILTI Take 2: What We Know Now
$905.00Bundle: International Tax Full Series
$399.00Bundle: International Tax - Series 3
$399.00Bundle: International Tax - Series 2
$215.00Bundle: International Tax - Series 1
$149.00Practitioner's Guide to the Sec. 965 Repatriation Tax